Ceridwen Access Statement
- The nearest train station is Carmarthen. Great Western operate several direct trains from London Paddington travelling through Reading, Bristol, Cardiff and Swansea. Average journey time is 4 hours. From elsewhere in the UK, direct services to Swansea (20 min from Carmarthen) go from Manchester, Birmingham and Portsmouth Harbour. In addition, Virgin Trains run a twice-daily service between the North East of England and Swansea, via Birmingham.
- Services ‘460’ and ‘461’ leave from the bus and train stations in Carmarthen and travel along the A484 to the top of our lane in Rhos. Ask the driver to stop at the Lamb Inn in Rhos and it is either a 30 minute walk from there to Ceridwen or a short drive to be picked up.
- Visit http://www.carmarthenshire.gov.uk/attached_files/transport/timetables for the timetables.
Distance to Nearest Town
- Newcastle Emlyn is 6.5 miles and takes 10 minutes by car or 15 minutes by bus. Our village of Drefach Felindre is 1 mile away, within 30 minutes walking distance and has local amenities.
Details of delivery of provision
- We can pick up milk, bread and supply seasonal veg and eggs.
Provision for Dogs
- We welcome a maximum of three well-behaved dogs in Ceridwen at a small extra charge. You can walk your dogs in the fields (providing there is no livestock at the time). Ceridwen does have its own garden to the rear but this is not fenced.
Mobile Phone Reception
- Coverage is generally patchy and outside is best – in the lane or at the back of the garden.
- There is Wi-Fi in Ceridwen
Arrival and Car Parking
Distance from parking space to the entrance
- Any parking space is a minimum of 1 metre.
Route from parking space to entrance
- There is a large, level gravel parking area in front of Ceridwen. There is a semi-circle of slate slabs in front of the main door to ease access. There are two outdoor lights, one is a sensor.
- One door is reached via a ramp
- The main entrance is through French double doors that open to 112cm width and into the living room.
- There is an exterior light above the door.
- There are two further doors at the front, both of 86 cm width, one with an 8cm step up and the other down 6 stone steps and into a bedroom.
- There are three other fully glazed French double doors that are accessible from the garden to the rear.
- There is central heating throughout and a wood-burning stove in the ground floor living area.
- All walls are magnolia, all skirting and doors are natural wood colour. All upstairs rooms are carpeted in a light brown shade. All ground level flooring is a medium dark wood or reddy brown quarry tile. See variations for bathrooms.
- The living areas, main hallway and landing are lit by energy saving spot bulbs. There is lots of artifical light here. Bedrooms have a central light and bedside lamp, there is 100w of light in all bedrooms. The kitchen has three bars of halogen lighting and two suspended lights over the island, making it very well lit.
- The doors from the living room to the hallways are 78cm wide. The annexe hallway is 122cm wide. The main hallway is 122cm wide. There is a flight of 13 steps from the main hallway upstairs. From the annexe hallway, there is a short flight of 6 steps, leading to three bedrooms. There is also a short flight of xxx steps downstairs to a 4-bed room.
- The upstairs main landing area is 122cm wide, there are 113cm wide French double doors leading out onto the balcony. The door to the back bedrooms area is 71 cm wide.
- There is a flight of wooden stairs (13 steps with turn) at the front of the house in the living room.
- There are fully glazed French double doors and windows to the side (total width of 220cm) in the main hallway
- The large ground floor living room is wooden floor and consists of three sofas and a woodburner with raised hearth of 8cm in the centre of the room. The dining areas are to the side.
- There are fully glazed French double doors and windows to the side (total width of 220cm) in the ground floor living area.
- The upstairs living room (directly above) consists of six single futons, coffee table, 20 inch widescreen TV with remote control, teletext and DVD player.
- The kettle is cordless.
- The large floor area is tiled with a centre island.
- The work surfaces are 91cm high.
- The fridge is tall larder style.
- There is a gas range cooker (height 91cm) with two ovens and separate grill. The oven doors open sideways and the grill door drops down.
- The main dining area is off to the side of the living room, behind the woodburner.
- One dining area is a refectory table of 75 cm height with two pews either side. The other is made up of two long oak tables of 75cm height and wooden chairs.
- There are three twin rooms at the back of the house above the kitchen. There is one 4-bed room off the upstairs living room. There are two twin rooms and one single in the upper annexe. There is an ensuite 4-bed room in the lower annexe.
- All bedrooms are carpeted with good contrasting against magnolia walls.
- All bedroom doors are 74cm wide except for the annexe 4-bed room which is 78cm.
- Bedding is hypoallergenic polyester fibre duvets and pillows. There are additional woollen blankets.
- All beds are single with the exception of one back twin whose beds are only 2’ 6” wide. Two single beds in the annexe 4-bed room can be linked to make a super king size bed.
- There is a minimum of 60cm gap to get into bed.
- There are two ground floor shower rooms off the main hallway with door widths of 71cm and quarry tile flooring. One shower door width is 58cm and the curved shower door is 55cm wide,
- There is one shower room in the upper annexe with a door width of 74cm and a pale vinyl flooring. The shower door opens to 58cm wide.
- There is one ensuite bathroom with shower attachment to the lower annexe 4-bed room with a dark vinyl flooring. The bath is 68cm wide.
- There is one single loo on the ground floor in the annexe with a door width of 74cm with wood effect vinyl.
- There is one bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle upstairs at the top of the back stairs, the door width is 71cm and the flooring is wood effect laminate. The shower door width is 58cm.
- All bathrooms have a central pendant light and shaver light over the mirror.
Garden & Grounds
- The immediate garden area is flat lawn leading to a short sloping edge and wooden fence.
- There is a large patio area at the back of the kitchen. There is also a flat, hard circular area accessible from the living room and hallway.
- The garden extends into sloping fields to the rear with terraces up to the farmyard at the side. The garden boundary isn’t dog or child-proof.
- There is a large picnic bench and a large table with long bench seating. There are also several moveable plastic chairs.
- There is a flower-bed on one edge of the building in the garden and several mature shrubs.
Adjustments to be Made
- We plan to build a ramp from the car parking area to the annexe 4-bed room and include grab rails in bathrooms.
- We welcome enquiries from visitors with disabilities to discuss their individual requirements. Feedback is also gratefully received.
- Access statement revised 20th November 2011