Ceridwen (sleeps 19-25)
View the 3D tour
Ceridwen was designed and built using traditional materials to honour and reflect the peace and solace of the surroundings. It is a large house sleeping up to 25, on the site of the old smithy and stables. Sitting on the hillside and overlooking a wooded valley, the house is full of charm and character. With 40 acres of green fields around you, there’s plenty of room for the kids to run around and explore whilst the adults can relax on the balcony or in the garden.
The house can sleep up to 25 in one single, five twin rooms, two four-person rooms (one with ensuite) and the six futons in the upstairs living room. It was designed for groups and is spacious and comfortable, even when full.
The two living areas give adults and children the chance to be together in groups or escape and find some individual space. Natural light pours into the house through the five French doors and countless roof windows. The entrance living room is dominated by a beautiful wood-burning stove surrounded by large comfy sofas with the dining area to the side. The sloped ceilings of upstairs make it open but cosy, with futons, cushions, a TV & DVD player, music system, books and games.
In total, there are five bathrooms and a separate lavatory. The kitchen is a modern shaker style with plenty of preparation space, a middle island feature and separate small table and chairs for the kids.
The dining area on one side of the ground floor living room can sit a full house on long oak tables, where dinner and relaxing can blend seamlessly.
Idyllic views can be enjoyed from the balcony and large garden that stretches out onto fields and a side terraced area. There is plenty of garden furniture and a barbeque patio area.
The finer details:
- The kitchen includes a range cooker with two ovens, dishwasher, two larder fridges and a counter height freezer
- Washing machine and tumble dryer are in one of the ground floor bathrooms
- In the upstairs living area is a TV & DVD player and toy box/games
- The dining area can seat up to 16 along the long oak tables and an additional 8 around the refectory table.
- All beds are made-up ready for your arrival but please bring bath towels
- Central heating is provided by the biomass boiler and hot water by the boiler or solar panels
- One basket of logs is provided with extra baskets available at £12 per basket
- Up to three well-behaved dogs are welcome to stay at a small extra cost of £20 per dog but note that the garden is open
- Ceridwen is a non-smoking house
Although not designed for disabled groups, the Centre is accessible and usable for those with a disability, please see the access statement. Also see the Ceridwen floor plan which can be helpful in deciding bedroom arrangements.
See here for the Ceridwen self-catering price lists and availability calendar or contact us to receive a Group Organiser’s Info Package for information on full-board groups.