Ceridwen, sleeps 19
Covid 19 special instructions
We are opening on 13th July, when we will have instigated our new cleaning regime for the safety of all of us. Because of the government regulations and for your safety Ceridwen should be occupied only by large families, extended families or a “bubble”. Currently it is not a party house for multiple groups.
If you are booking Ceridwen for occupation within 6 weeks of your planned arrival date and you are a family group of 10 or fewer please contact us for our special offers
New Video tour of Ceridwen Self Catering House View the 3D tour
Ceridwen was designed and built using traditional materials to honour and reflect the peace and solace of the surroundings. It is a large house sleeping up to 19, on the site of the old smithy and stables. Sitting on the hillside and overlooking a wooded valley, the house is full of charm and character.There’s plenty of room for the kids to play and explore whilst the adults can relax on the balcony or in the garden.
The house can sleep up to 19 in one single, five twin rooms and two four-person rooms (one with ensuite). All eight bedrooms are named after Welsh rivers with hand carved boxwood plaques on each of the doors. See the floor plan for names and positions. It was designed for groups and is spacious and comfortable, even when full.
The two living areas and the conservatory give adults and children the chance to be together in groups or escape and find some individual space. Natural light pours into the house through the five French doors and countless roof windows. The entrance living room is dominated by a beautiful wood-burning stove surrounded by large comfy sofas and a piano with the dining area to the side. The sloped ceilings of upstairs make it open but cosy, with sofas, futons, a TV & DVD player, books and games.
In total, there are five bathrooms and a separate lavatory. The kitchen is a modern shaker style with plenty of preparation space, a middle island feature and separate table and chairs seating 6.
Idyllic views can be enjoyed from the balcony and large garden that stretches out onto fields and a side terraced area. There is plenty of garden furniture and a barbeque patio area.
The finer details:
- The kitchen includes a good quality gas range cooker with two multi function electric ovens, dishwasher, two larder fridges and a counter height freezer
- Washing machine and tumble dryer are in one of the ground floor shower rooms.
- In the upstairs living area is a TV & DVD player and loads of books
- The dining area can seat up to 16 along the long oak tables and an additional 8 around the refectory table.
- All beds are made-up ready for your arrival but please bring bath towels
- Central heating is provided by the biomass boiler and hot water by the boiler or solar panels
- One basket of logs is provided with extra baskets available at £15 per enormous basket
- Up to three well-behaved dogs are welcome to stay at a small extra cost of £20 per dog but note that the garden is open. Dogs are not permitted on beds or in bedrooms.
- Ceridwen is a non-smoking house
Although not designed for disabled groups, Ceridwen is accessible and usable for those with a disability, please see the access statement. Also see the Ceridwen floor plan which may help in deciding who sleeps where.