The ultimate romantic bolthole – it doesn’t get much better than this – your very own gypsy caravan with nothing else except the woodland , wildlife and private eco-cabin, at the top of your own valley where the only hint of civilisation is a chapel in the far distance. Check out our sister website Gypsy Cwtch for even more information.
The unique 1890s caravan has been lovingly restored to former Romany heritage, featuring all the charms of old gypsy life with a few modern comforts. The caravan is where you sleep and can chill-out and relax on the king-size double bed with plush bedding and Welsh woollen blanket. Glass fronted cabinets display china collectables, lacework and doilies decorate furniture, fancy curtains adorn the little windows and the brass mantelpiece heralds the range stove. You won’t get cold here, with the stove keeping you warm and toasty.
Just alongside the caravan is the eco-cabin, featuring a cute kitchen and dining area, sofa for two and bathroom with an extra large shower cubicle. This is a truly green holiday, the cabin is completely off-grid with solar water heating (plus boiler for back-up), PV panels (for electricity) and a Swedish compost loo – just like any other. Bring your laptop and watch films or pick a book from the reading shelf. Swing in the hammock with a glass of wine, watching the sunset on the veranda.
The location is what makes this holiday really special, a 300 metre private track leads you to a grassy platform carved out of the hillside where you can absorb and observe from way up high. Have a BBQ, cook a stew over the campfire or hang out in the hammock.
The gypsy wagon features:
- Woodburning range stove ( for which all wood is included)
- Luxury king-size width double bed (6ft 3” long) made-up for your arrival (with room for a little’un on a mattress underneath)
- Dressing gowns for night-time cabin visits
- Chest of drawers and cupboard space for your things
The eco-cabin features:
- Fully-equipped kitchen area with two-burner hob, belfast sink (filtered spring water ), fridge and basic condiments and spices
- Bathroom with extra large shower cubicle, basin and compact Swedish compost loo. Towels, loo rolls and soap provided
- Sofa, dining table and chairs
- Reading books
- Wind-up radio
Prices & Availability for the Gypsy Cwtch
The prices remain the same from spring through to autumn so you don’t have to worry about getting the best deal. Check out our sister website for any last minute availability and prices. We sometimes have mid-week spaces to fill so contact us to see if we can give you a special deal here.
We ask for a 40% deposit to confirm the booking and the balance is paid 8 weeks before arrival. Please note that bank holiday weekends attract a £20 premium and require a minimum 3 nights booking.
Click the link below to see availability of the Gypsy Cwtch, decide when you’d like to book, then simply email us with your booking request.
- You are welcome to arrive any time from 4pm and will need to vacate by 10am on your departure day (later may be possible upon request)
- One well-behaved dog is allowed to stay for a small extra charge of £15
- 40% deposit paid on booking (via bank transfer/cheque) with the balance paid 8 weeks before arrival
- 1 small child can sleep on a small mattress in the wagon under the main bed at no extra charge
- It is possible to erect a tent along side the wagon for further accommodation – please enquire